DEATH: A LENS FOR LIVING LIFE—FULLY OR FUTILELY
死亡: 生活的鏡片– 豐富地或無益地
Part IV: Be on guard! Be grateful. Ecclesiastes 5
第四篇:谨慎小心!要感恩。傳道書第五章
Pastor Dale Barrett (11-25-18)
INTRODUCTION 引言
- Our journey has taken us from a consideration of the vanity of life—its emptiness—and its futility apart from knowing God.
我們的旅程從思考生命的虛無, 它的空虛,以及不認識上帝一切都是毫無益處為開始。
- Much of what we have read is dissonant and sad because it reminds of the common experience we all will have—death—and the fact that if we live for only what this life offers, we are certain to be disappointed.
我們所讀到的大半是失序與悲傷,因它令我們想起共同的經驗-死亡,以及倘若我們只為今生而活,我們必定會失望的事實。
- *We see that God is a sovereign God, and He holds time in His hands; we are challenged, then, to be careful custodians of our time and careful how we spend it.
我們看見上帝是掌管一切的,時間在祂的掌握中;因此我們的挑戰就是要謹慎地守護時間,並小心地使用它。
- Because God is Sovereign we should be in a continual attitude of worship before Him
由於上帝是掌管一切的,我們在祂面前要保持持續敬拜的態度。
Romans 12:1 羅馬書12:1
“I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God which is your spiritual worship.” ESV
所以弟兄們,我以神的慈悲勸你們,將身體獻上,當作活祭,是聖潔的,是神所喜悅的;你們如此事奉乃是理所當然的。(這就是你們屬靈的敬拜)
Because God is Sovereign we should be in a continual attitude of worship before Him.
由於上帝是掌管一切的,我們在祂面前要保持持續敬拜的態度。
- We must guard our steps, verses 1-7 我們必須謹慎我們的腳步, 1-7節
- We must guard our hearts, verses 8-17 我們必須護衛我們的心, 8-17節
- We must be grateful for God’s gifts, verses 18-20 我們必須感恩上帝的賜予, 18-20節
Message Content 信息内容:
- WE MUST GUARD OUR STEPS, verses 1-7 我們必須謹慎我們的腳步, 1-7節
- We must come reverently into God’s presence.我們一定要敬畏地來到上帝的面前。
- We must listen well.我們一定要好好地聆聽。
- We must not make promises we don’t intend to keep.我們一定不可承諾自己沒有意願去完成的事。
- WE MUST GUARD OUR HEARTS, verses 8-17 我們必須護衛我們的心, 8-17節
- When we see wrong done, we must remember that God is the ultimate judge.當我們看見不對的事情發生,我們必須記得上帝是最終的審判者。
- We must not look for lasting satisfaction in money and wealth.我們不可在金錢與財富中尋求長久的滿足。
- We can find contentment and rest in hard and honest work.我們能夠在努力誠實的工作中找到滿足與安息。
- We must realize that we can take nothing to the grave with us.我們必須明白什麼都帶不進墳墓裡。
- WE MUST BE GRATEFUL FOR GOD’S GIFTS, verses 18-20. 我們必須感恩上帝的賜予, 18-20節
- We can find enjoyment in the work God has given us.我們能夠在上帝賜予的工作中找到享受。
- Food and drink and work are gifts from God.飲食和工作是來自上帝的賜予。
- When we see these as gifts from God, they bring joy to our lives. 當我們將這些看成是上帝的賜予,它們就為人生帶來喜樂。
CONCLUSION 結語:
- How, then, do we approach God as we come to worship?
那麼,當我們來敬拜時,我們如何接近上帝?
- How do we guard our hearts against the seduction of worldly things?
我們如何護衛我們的心,抵擋世界的誘惑?
- How can we be intentionally more grateful for God’s gifts to us?
我們如何刻意地更感恩上帝的賜予?