Dear Friends at 5C:
It is always good to meet with our beloved members on Sunday. Although we may not be able to meet in person, through God’s provision, we can still worship, study and care for one another through Zoom. Praise the Lord that we can seek his protection during this pandemic. Thanks to Pastor Ray for his wonderful message on Sunday! I always find myself amazed by his presentation, the richness of his message certainly comes out of his hours of study on the subject. I have archived all the materials from Pastor Ray’s messages for future study, and I believe that many certainly are doing the same thing. Our church is so blessed to have Pastor Ray and Annie Shi-Mu in our midst. Both of them are gifted in teaching, Annie Shi-Mu is devoted so much to her teaching during Thursday prayer meetings. Many of us have learned a great deal from these teaching sessions. Likewise, it is also delightful to attend Monday prayer meetings, those personal sharing are so touching that people are always filled with joy and love when leaving the meeting. Thanks to Anderson for his tireless effort in leading these meetings. Praise the Lord for all due to his glory.
Because of the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in SLO county, the deacon board decided to delay our church’s reopening. Therefore, our church will continue our meetings online while we take each step cautiously to move toward the full reopening of our church in the future. Let us join together and pray for our nation so that government leaders may make wise decisions to suppress the spread of COVID-19. Meanwhile, we encourage our members to remain calm and alert as this battle may take a longer time than everybody initially expected. This virus certainly slows down our lives, but it can not slow down our spiritual progress in Christ. We may not reopen our church physically as quickly as we wish, but surely God will enable us to expand our ministry through other means. Please pray for church leaders with God’s given wisdom in their planning for the future development of church ministry.
- Virtual prayer meetings at 7:30pm Monday and Thursday
- Pastor Chen’s virtual office hours, 10:00am-12:00pm every Friday
- Chinese Sunday school (Pastor Chen) and English Sunday school (Rachel Ma)
- Small Group “Love” will meet through Zoom at 7:30pm on Sunday 7/5
- “Bible Study Methods” begins at9:30am on Sunday, and a make-up session is scheduled at 11:00am on Wednesday
- We will resume sermon series on the Book of Ruth this Sunday
- Church reopening is delayed due to the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in our community
- Deacons board is reviewing Good Samaritan Committee guideline
- Pray for Coronavirus outbreak in US and around the world.
- Pray for physical and spiritual well-being of our church members.
- Pray for God’s protection for people who have to work outside home.
- Pray for Annie Shi-Mu’ sister who suffers Parkinson’s disease.
- Pray for Ed Sherman’s son Lane who undergoes treatment for brain cancer.
Look forward to seeing you virtually on Sunday.
每週日與我們可愛的會員聚會總是很令人興奮。儘管我們無法面對面見面,但藉著上帝的供應,我們仍然可以通過 Zoom 進行崇拜、學習和彼此關心。感謝主,讓我們在疫情期間可以尋求祂的保護。感謝裴牧師上週日精彩的講壇信息!裴牧師的演講總是那樣令人震撼,他的信息之豐富無疑來自他對這一主題的潛心研究。每次我都將裴牧師所寄送的所有資料存檔,以備將來學習之用,我相信許多人肯定也是如此。我們的教會如此蒙福,有裴牧師和師母在我們當中。他們二位都很有教導的恩賜,在周四的禱告會上,裴師母也非常致力於她的教導,以致許多人從中受益頗深。星期一的禱告會同樣也令人鼓舞,這些個人分享是如此感人,以至於會議結束後,很多人總是充滿著喜悅與歡欣。感謝林恩深弟兄為週一禱告會所做的不懈努力。讚美主,一切榮耀歸給那救贖我們的神。
由於 SLO 地區最近新冠肺炎的確診病例激增,執事會決定推遲教會的重新開放。因此,我們教會將繼續進行在線聚會,同時也會謹慎地邁出每一步,以朝著未來教會的全面開放邁進。讓我們團結起來,為我們的國家祈禱,政府領導人可以做出明智的決策來抑制新冠肺炎的擴散。同時,鼓勵我們的成員繼續保持冷靜和警覺,因為這場爭戰可能需要比預期更長的時間。這個病毒顯然放慢了我們生活的步伐,但它不能減緩我們在基督裡的屬靈進步。教會可能不會像所希望的那樣快速開放,但可以肯定的是,上帝將使我們能夠通過其他方式擴展事工。請求上帝賜予教會領袖智慧,祈禱我們教會未來事工發展順利。
- 線上禱告會於週一和週四晚間 7 點半舉行。
- 陳牧師的線上辦公時間為每週五的上午 10:00-12:00。
- 『仁愛』小組將於 7 月 5 日晚間 7 點半通過 Zoom 聚會
- 新課程“讀經法”繼續於週日上午 9 點半開始,同樣的課程週三上午 11 點進行。
- 為 Ed Sherman 的兒子 Lane 祈禱,他正在接受腦瘤治療