Dear Friends at 5C:
The summer is a half way through, but there is no sight of the ending of COVID-19 pandemic in this country and around the world. As the number of cases continues to rise, the governor closes down worship services in more than 30 counties in California. Therefore, our online meetings may go on for a little longer than we initially anticipated. However, this virus does not put church ministry on hold. Instead our members desire to grow spiritually and continue to pour their love into the church. For the four months after closing the church door, our church still has a surplus on our financial sheet. Praise the Lord that many families contribute in the midst of an economic crisis.
Thanks to Pastor Ray for his wonderful message on Sunday! We have no lack of spiritual nutrition at the times of physical separation like this. Our members not only just show up for Zoom meetings, but also demonstrate enthusiastic about learning and growing together. Praise the Lord for this small church, with such a high percentage of devoted Christians. God is working in our midst, many good things are happening in the church. Last weekend Becky and Pastor had a chance to visit some of our members. It is always good to see our friends face to face. We look forward to the day that we may meet together once again in the church and celebrate the Lord’s supper together. This coming Sunday we will have a guest speaker Pastor Dale and he will talk about how to deal with the bad times based on biblical truths. Please invite family and friends to join our Sunday worship at 11:00am.
- Virtual prayer meetings at 7:30pm Monday and Thursday.
- Pastor Chen’s virtual office hours 10:00am-12:00pm every Friday.
- Chinese Sunday school (Pastor Chen) and English Sunday school (Anna Ho).
- Small Group “Joy” will meet through Zoom at 7:30pm on Friday 7/24.
- Our guest speaker Pastor Dale is going to preach this Sunday 7/26.
- According to the governor’s order, worship services in SLO county was closed down once again.
- The Deacons board is reviewing the Good Samaritan Committee guideline.
- Pray for the Coronavirus outbreak in the US and around the world.
- Pray for the physical and spiritual well-being of our church members.
- Pray for God’s protection for people who have to work outside home.
- Pray for Annie Shi-Mu’ sister who suffers Parkinson’s disease.
- Pray for Ed Sherman’s son Lane who undergoes treatment for brain cancer.
Look forward to seeing you virtually on Sunday.
夏天已經過去了一半,但在美國乃至世界各地,依然看不到這場瘟疫將會何時終結。隨著確診數量的持續增加,州長宣佈關閉加州 30 多個縣的禮拜活動。因此,我們的線上崇拜可能會比最初預期的要持續更長時間。但是,這種病毒並沒有阻止教會的事工發展。相反,我們的成員更加渴望在屬靈上的成長,並不斷地將自己的愛心傾注於教會事工。教會關閉四月之久,但是我們的財務報表上仍有盈餘。感謝神,許多家庭在這場財務危機中為教會做出了很大貢獻。
感謝週日裴牧師的講道,內容非常豐富!在這個需要保持社交距離的時期,我們沒有缺乏屬靈的滋潤。教會成員不僅通過 Zoom 參加聚會,而且對學習和成長表現出極大的熱情。感謝神,這個小教會有許多虔誠信徒。上帝在我們中間作工,教會中正在發生許多奇妙的事情。上週末,陳牧師和師母有機會走訪了一些教會成員,能與大家面對面交流總是令人興奮。相信終有一天,我們可以在教會里重新聚會,一起慶祝主的聖餐。下週日,客座講員戴爾牧師將在我們當中講道,他將談論如何根據聖經真理
來應對困局。歡迎邀請家人和朋友在上午 11:00 參加我們的主日崇拜。
- 線上禱告會於週一和週四晚間 7 點半舉行。
- 陳牧師辦公時間:每週五上午 10 點-12 點。
- 『喜樂』小組將於 7 月 24 日晚間 7 點半通過 Zoom 聚會
- 本週日 7 月 26 日將由客座講員戴爾牧師講道
- 根據州長的頒布的行政令,SLO 地區的禮拜活動再次被關閉。
- 為 Ed Sherman 的兒子 Lane 祈禱,他正在接受腦瘤治療